- One barrel of wine equals 20 cases, which equals 1,200 glasses.
- A ton of grapes makes about 720 bottles of wine or 60 cases.
- Each bottle of wine contains about 2.8 pounds of grapes; that means each five-ounce glass of wine contains a little over a half a pound of grapes per vine.
- One vine annually produces between four and six bottles of wine, or between 20 and 30 glasses.
- Only nine percent of Napa County is planted to vines. Napa Valley only accounts for four percent of California’s total wine production.
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A GLASS OF WINE?
- 120 calories in a medium glass of red wine,
- 108 calories in a medium glass of white wine,
- 113 calories in a medium glass of champagne.
CORK OR SCREWTOP?
today, synthetic corks are actually better at keeping wine from losing its flavor.
IDEAL TEMPERATURES FOR WINE:
Reds: about 65 degrees Fahrenheit, or slightly chilled. Whites: 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit, or chilled in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Champagne or sparkling wine: Completely chilled.
HOW MANY GRAPES ARE IN ONE GLASS OF WINE?
Over a half pound of grapes in a 5 oz. glass of wine.
HOW MANY GLASSES ARE IN ONE BOTTLE OF WINE?
A little over 4 glasses in a 750 ml. bottle of wine.
More wine is consumed in the United States on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year.
FINISHING OFF THE BOTTLE
- Use leftover wine to make wine vinegar.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and wine and leave in a corked or stoppered bottle for a month. Pour off any sediment.
- Great flavor for salads!!